Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Birthday Wish

Hi Stampers,

I finally stamped again! This is my new favorite stamp set...mostly because I LOVE this tree! I also love that it comes in Decor Elements. This card is pretty self explanatory, but notice that I crimped the Old Olive cardstock in the back. I also left a little bit bigger matte around the edges than I usually do. I used the Old Olive and Close to Cocoa markers to ink up the stamp, then just stamped it on some white cardstock. Pretty simple...huh?
Notice that there is also the strip of designer series paper at the bottom. That I tell you was an afterthought. It's only there because in my pathetic attempt at paper piercing, I ended up going sideways. How does that happen? I dont know, but since it looked like I'd been seriously drinking, and I hadn't...I added the strip of DSP. I cut it 2 1/2" so that I could fold it in the middle and cover up the back side of the uneven punches as well.


Because I needed to cover those pesky little holes, I also needed to do something to the inside of this card. It probably needed it anyway, since it's Close to Cocoa, and kinda dark to write on. I just took a piece of white carstock, stamped the other image from the same stamp set, added the sentiment...and Done! No, I haven't figured out why there is a round shadow at the bottom of EVERY SINGLE PHOTO I take. If someone out there in blogworld has any clues...please let me know. It's driving me crazy!


Anyway, thats it for today...Now Go Stamp Something!

TaTa

~Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the card...Very nice. You should send it to someone who has a birthday today????