Wednesday, December 31, 2008

For the party that....wasn't

Hi Stampers,

This is the project stamp club was going to do at our Christmas party that the weather didn't allow! I promise though, we are doing this at our first club meeting in January. This was made for one of the challenges over on splitcoast. I took a piece of vellum cardstock, (not the same as regular vellum) and traced out the lampshade pattern and cut it out. Next, I used versamark to stamp the snowflake image, from the Country Living Holiday Collection, and the tree from my favorite stamp set, Lovely As A Tree. I took my versamark pad and just squished the corners of it on the vellum to create the "mountainish" effect. I then used white embossing powder and embossed the whole lampshade. I used sticky strip to adhere both sides together and there ya go! Very simple project to make! The "candle holder" is a wine glass I got at the Dollar Shop. As you see in the first pic, it looks great, even in daylight,
but just wait till the lights go out............
drumroll please.....
TADA!!!!
Isn't that just AWESOME?!?! This is probably the quickest, easiest thing I've ever made that looks this cool!
The photo has a real tealight candle in the glass, but I suggest a battery powered one if you want to leave it burning for longer periods of time.

You could try to use regular vellum, but be very careful when heat embossing, as I'm not sure if it will hold up to the heat quite as well as the cardstock does.

Be sure to be checking back...It wont be long until I post that blog candy...so keep looking!

Until then...Go Stamp Something!

TaTa

~Beth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG way to cool. Can't wait till we get to try it at club. That is IF the weather holds out. Don't be surprised if we have more bad weather it is Missouri ya know. Kathy

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's gorgeous. Great project!!!
Nancy W.