Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More WCMD challenges

Hi Stampers!

Thanks for stopping by today! Here are a couple more cards I did for World Cardmaking Day over at splitcoast. The first card here was for a challenge to use Vanilla, Chocolate and Pumpkin in your card. Well that was easy...that has to be one of my favorite color combos. I used the rock n roll technique on these leaves and stamped them on Very Vanilla and cut them out. The little border at the bottom is just a piece of vanilla cardstock that I roughed up an edge to, with a piece of designer series paper. I dont remember the name of the collection the DSP came from, but I think it was a piece from the Love You Much bundle that I bought last year. On top of that is just a strip of the...oh, you know...whats it called? It's the fabric ribbon stuff that comes with three sizes in a package...hmmm...The name escapes me right now...I'll have to go get my catalog and look it up! TADA...It's Twill Tape! Geesh, that just would not come to me! I used the 3/8" strip for that. Thanks for bearing with me there. It was driving me nutso while I went to get my book!




This next card was a sketch challenge using chocolate and gratitude. I started out by running a piece of Whisper White cardstock through the Big Shot using the elegant boquet embossing folder. After that, I used a sponge dauber rubbed in some chocolate chip Stampin' Pastels, and just sorta colored, or highlighted the raised parts of the embossed image. That in itself was a challenge, as I am not great with the pastels. I need to challenge myself to use them more often. When that was complete, I just took some Crystal Effects and drew a "glue line" on each of the raised, highlighted images and covered them with chunky sprinkles glitter. The accent color here is Bermuda Bay...Love that color. You might notice that I used a Circle Ice brad to replace the O in So Much. I can see in this photo that it looks like it doesn't really cover it, but it doesn't look that bad in real life. It covers up the O so much better than this appears. Must be a camera angle or something makes it look sorta wonky. I used my scalloped edge punch along the bottom of this card, and a piece of chocolate chip taffeta ribbon around it. Pretty simple.



Thanks again for stopping by today. I'll try to post more tomorrow.
Have a Great Day!
Stamp On!
~Beth

1 comment:

Lorie said...

These are so pretty, Beth! I love Fall, and your Fall card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

Love Ya!
Lorie