Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Challenging Lovely Tree


Todays card was made for the Color Challenge over on splitcoast. The challenge was to use Basic Black, Real Red and Kraft. While that sounds pretty simple, I found it a little bit challenging. There is a reason these are called challenges...thats exactly what they are! I think it's much easier to create my own card than to follow a challenge. I do however, greatly enjoy trying to create something with "rules".


I started with a 5 1/2X 8 1/2" piece of Real red cardstock folded in half. Next I used a 1/4" smaller piece of Basic Black and layered it over the red. Then I took my bigshot top note bigz die and cut out the Kraft piece of cardstock. I used the big pine tree from Lovely As A Tree and stamped it with White Craft Ink three times, not reinking in between. I put some dazzling diamonds glitter on the largest tree just to make it pop. Finally, I took my Real Red marker and colored around the edges of the top note die just to add some color. Now, notice the nice pink color at the bottom left? Thats what happens when you mix red and white. Just in case you didn't know, Red and White make PINK! My craft ink was still wet and I made a mess! Well, now you know...my secret is out. I KNOW HOW TO MAKE PINK! LOL! I used dimensionals to adhere the top note over a piece of Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon and used brads to hold it all together. There ya have it...it's that simple. I should probably show you a photo of my red, er... uh, PINK fingers, but I cant photograph them while holding the camera...lol.
Dont forget about the Ribbon Share. All the details are a few posts down. Be sure to email me with any questions about it.
Thanks for dropping by today...Now go Stamp Something!
Ta Ta
~Beth

No comments: