Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gingerbread Man


For today's card, I pretty much copied from somebody. I'm sorry I dont recall where I got this. If it was you, drop me a line to let me know and I'll edit this post to give you credit.


I started with a 5 1/4 X 5 1/4" piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock. I love doing something besides the standard 5 1/2 X 4 1/4" sized card. This card is so simple and so basic, yet makes a pretty big statement. I used a 5 1/4" X 2 1/2" piece of the gingham DSP from the Bella paper. Can I just say I LOVE THIS PAPER! Anyway, I used the Scalloped Edge Punch and punched along the bottom of the DSP. I stamped the gingerbread man from Deer Friends hostess set three times and punched him out with the 1 1/4" punch. I punched more Riding Hood Red circles with the 1 3/8" punch and layered them together. I lined them up across the Bella gingham DSP, (and not very evenly I see), and stuck them down with Dimensionals. I used 1/4" White Grosgrain Ribbon to tie a knot across the top of the paper. I stamped the Celebrate in Whisper White and thats it! Talk about simple!!! Thats one of the great things about the designer series paper...you cant mess it up and it adds SO MUCH to your cards.
I have a workshop this week, and I think we may do something like this. It's so quick and easy, yet so cute everyone will love it.
Thanks for stopping by today...I hope you enjoyed it! Now...Go Stamp Something!
Ta Ta
~Beth

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I will take the credit for the card...Ok I cant but it is a cute card. Wish I would have thought of it before I started the ones I am doing now. UGH Kathy