Monday, June 15, 2009

First, let me explain

that I was really just trying out the "faux suede" technique with making tape, when this lovely design came to mind. I wanted to make a bikini for my husbands fathers day card. No, I"m not a pervert or anything like that, but lets face it folks...I dont look NOTHIN like this in a bikini! I just thought I'd give him a little eye candy. Hey, it beats lookin on the street...right?!



Now, when you have the card unfolded, it looks like a giant dog bone. I just used masking tape, torn into tiny pieces and covered the area of the bra and the panties. I inked those up real good to make them look sorta camoflaugeish, and stuck them in the appropriate positions on my card.



Notice on the ribbon on the bra line...that is just a piece of double stitched chocolate chip ribbon that I pulled the white stitching from and just kinda frayed it.

I think it's pretty cute...and I think hubby will too. I promise I'll keep it less risque in the future, but this was just too cute not to show.

On a side note, I received a partial order tonight, with the NEW CATALOG! Just wait till you see this glorious piece of publishing! It's HOT!..Sorta like my binkini! (wink).

Have a great evening stampers...Stamp On!

~Beth

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Hubba, hubba! I bet you have a happy hubby!! *wink* Cute card, Beth, and I like that faux finish. It looks great!!!