Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Always & Everything

Hello there! Todays card was made for the SCS color challenge. We were to use Pixie Pink, Kiwi Kiss or Old Olive, (I used Old Olive) and Tangerine Tango or Pumpkin Pie, (I used Pumpkin Pie). I really had issues coming up with something for those colors, as when I think about it it almost makes me kinda gaggy! I decided the only way I could get these colors to look ok was to kinda "blend" them. I used the Rock n Roll technique. To Rock n Roll, you ink your stamp up in whatever solid color you want. Then you go to the coordinating, (or contrasting) color and just roll the edges around in that color. You can see from the image that I inked my stamp up with the Pixie Pink and rolled it around in Pumpkin Pie. I used the Always stamp set and used the berry type stamp on the Old Olive with Old Olive ink.

My sentiment is inked with Pixie pink, layered on Pumpkin Pie, then layered on Old Olive. I attached a clip from Stampin' Ups mini clip assortment and tied a small piece of Old Olive ribbon to it. I also used the corner rounder, with the guard removed to scallop the edges of my cardstock and Summer Picnic DSP. I LOVE that paper!! I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

Now, go Stamp Something! Ta Ta! ~Beth