Friday, January 2, 2009

Close As A Memory

Hi Stampers,

Ok, I was reading the comments for the BLOG CANDY!! and noticed that you want ideas for Sympathy cards. Well, it just so happens that I need TWO sympathy cards today. GEESH!

Talk about ask, and you shall receive...Mercy!

I actually stamped quite a bit today. Anessa was gone and Philip was napping on the couch. AHHH...Bliss!! The sound of silence! LOL. Well, not really SILENCE...it was only silence between the ZZZZZ's that Philip was putting out, but it was close enough for me. I made two sympathy cards, two note cards, and a milk crate with four milk cartons. That gives me something to show you later on. I'll post one today, and the other one another day.

Dont ya just LOVE it?!! This card uses the Close As A Memory stamp set. I used Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip cardstock. I absolutely LOVE this color combination. Half of my Christmas cards were made with this. This is the "cracked glass" technique. I dont know if you can see the cracked glass in the photo or not, but it's a really fun technique that adds quite a bit of interest to the card. You just stamp your image as usual, then cover the whole thing with versamark. Pour on a layer of Stampin' Up! Glassy Glaze Enamel embossing powder and heat emboss. Repeat this step about three times and stick your project in the freezer for about 5 minutes. When you remove it from the freezer, you can just bend the cardstock and the cracks will appear. You can bend as much or as little as you like. You could even take a sponge and sponge some ink into the cracks. Use a paper towel to remove the excess and it really antiques the image alot. Maybe I will show you a step by step tutorial the next time I make one.
Only 3 more days to BLOG CANDY! Scroll down to the BLOG CANDY heading to see all the details!
Now, Go Stamp Something!
TaTa
~Beth

No comments: