Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stamp Club 2009 and a Challenge!

Hi Stampers,

This is one of the projects we'll be making at Stamp Club on Monday. I just got some new rubbah, and haven't played with it very much. This card went together in about 5 minutes, and most of that was cutting out the heart. The card is 4"X4" square. The designer series paper is from the Raspberry Tart collection, and is 2"X4". I stamped the heart with versamark and embossed it with silver embossing powder. You probably cant see it in the photo, but I used my versamarker to outline the heart and dab in the circles and flowers. Versamark is my friend!@! I use it much more than I ever thought I would. Then I just tied some white ribbon around the middle. I used the word window punch to punch out at the bottom right hand corner of the card, and embossed the friend to friend in silver. I couldn't get a good picture of that either, but just try to imagine it. I cant say that this card just totally WOWED me, but it's not the worst I've done either...lol. It's very simple, and would be easily reproduced to make a bunch for a kids valentine party or whatever.

Stay tuned for another project from stamp club later this week.

NOW FOR A CHALLENGE!!!

I challenge each of you to create at least ONE Valentines day card using a "non traditional" color. It doesn't even have to use a heart, but there will be bonus points for that... :) I might even find a gift around here for the winner. All you have to do is either upload your card to your blog, and come back here to post a link in the comments section, or email me a picture of your card so I can post it here. The deadline is February 7. You can make as many as you want...you'll increase your chances of winning! Now Go Stamp Something!!
TaTa
~Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you NUTS. I don't even own a Valentines set as I HATE that day. Hallmark Holiday I say. But thanks for the challenge. I may try "something" you never know.